The III International Meeting of Screendance is pleased to accept paper proposals for its third annual screendance meeting to be held in September 2016 at UPV campus in Valencia.
- Abstract submission (250 words): until June 5th.
- Notification of acceptance: June 19th.
- Submission of full paper: until July 31st.
- Screendance Meeting: September 10th at UPV, campus in Valencia. The final programme will be published by the end of August. Travelling information to UPV.
We welcome submissions that address any aspect of screendance/videodance/dance film. Some of the topics that can be covered are:
- screendance making and directing; the interaction between dancer, choreographer, cameraperson, director or film-maker; postproduction in screendance process.
- music and sound in screendance, music video and dance video, music to generate the dance or the editing.
- experience reports of applying video to/for/with dance. Dance film in pedagogy. Learning experiences in screendance.
- history and aesthetics of screendance, mutual influences with film and dance, musical cinema and other genres.
- economy, law and social topics related to screendance. Philosophical and phenomenological approaches to screendance.
- video of dance and body movement and therapeutic, scientific or pedagogical applications.
Papers and oral presentations
We welcome abstracts for 20-minute moderated panel presentations, followed by 10 minutes for questions. The meeting room will be equipped with the usual projectors and sound system. Oral presentations can be done in English, Spanish and Catalan.
After the acceptance of the abstract, the full-text paper will be sent by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
English-written papers will include an abstract (250 words) and five keywords, and will have a length ranging from 7 to 12 pages (between 2500 a 5000 words) including pictures, tables and bibliography. The proceedings will be published electronically with the corresponding ISBN.
The template for writing the final paper si the following: Plantilla_Encuentro-Cinedanza-2016